May 10, 2011

Product Photography


Product photography is a type of photography where you take pictures of different products, say TVs, watches, automobiles, electronics and what not. Each type of product requires a different technique. But as in any type of photography, lighting is the basic thing that you need to take care of. Here is a pic of my Sony Ericsson K810i. I have taken the pic using my Canon Powershot 720 IS. I used a single LED light bulb for lighting. I placed a mirror below the phone for a reflection and glossy look.


You need to make sure the object is absolutely clean. The final image will show more than life size of your product. One speck of dust can ruin your photograph (like mine...lol). You need to hold your camera still. When you zoom the lens, one little shake will result in a blurred image. It is always better to use a tripod. 

No comments: